Motorcycle Accident Discectomy Attorneys in Los Angeles, CA
If you or a loved one was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, we understand that you may be feeling scared, anxious, and unsure about the future.
In the blink of an eye, you could be forced to take a significant amount of time off of work due to a serious herniated disc injury, spinal cord injury, laceration injury, or other type of bodily harm.
If you find yourself struggling with a lower back or herniated disc injury that may require a discectomy procedure, it is important to reach out to an experienced and respected Los Angeles motorcycle accident discectomy attorney to discuss your legal options.
When you retain the services of a Los Angeles motorcycle accident discectomy lawyer, it enables you to potentially pursue financial restitution for your harms and losses through a motorcycle accident injury claim.
What Is Discectomy?
A discectomy is the surgical removal of the herniated disc material that presses on the nerve root of the spinal cord. This process involves removing the portion of an intervertebral disc, which causes pain by stressing the spinal cord and radiating the nerves.
A laminotomy is often involved to permit access to the intervertebral disc, allowing the surgeon to better see the area of disc herniation.
This surgery was first performed in 1971. Today, it has progressed to a minimally invasive laser procedure. This type of surgery is conducted by a small incision and removal of a herniated disc that has its annular fibers torn and is sitting on or compressing the spinal column or nerves.
How a Motorcycle Accident Can Lead to Discectomy?
When a motorcyclist is hit by a motorist, one of the most common types of injuries suffered by a motorcycle operator include lower back injuries (e.g. herniated disc).
For example, many motorcycle crash victims suffer discogenic pain (i.e. disc injuries) in the thoracic, lumbar, and/or cervical areas. A motorcycle accident can lead to the motorcyclist suffering intent trauma to the spinal cord and/or the root fibers of the spinal nerves.
It is important to note that these nerves run through the spaces in between the backbones (i.e. vertebrae).
How Long Will My Recovery Be?
Every case is different and every herniated disc injury is different. Nevertheless, if you have to undergo a lumbar discectomy surgical procedure, the estimated recovery period is typically between four and six weeks, according to the Mayfield Clinic.
How To Get Compensation For Discectomy Injury?
One of the best ways to pursue compensation for your discectomy injury is to contact an experienced and respected motorcycle accident discectomy attorney in Los Angeles.
When you contact a respected motorcycle accident discectomy attorney, they can advise you of your potential legal rights and the viability of a personal injury claim that could be filed against the motorist, or motorists, who hit and injured you.
In most motorcycle accident injury claims, you have the ability to pursue compensatory damages for the following types of harms and losses:
- Medical bills (both immediate medical expenses and long-term medical costs)
- Lost wages (both immediate lost income and future lost wages)
- Pain, suffering, inconvenience
- Property damage
Why Do I Need an Accident Attorneys?
If you or a loved one was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident and are deciding whether to contact a Los Angeles discectomy injury lawyer, here are some important reasons why you should take action sooner rather than later and reach out to an attorney:
- Free, confidential case review – One of the biggest reasons why it makes sense to contact a Los Angeles accident attorney is because the risk to you, the client, is quite low while the potential reward is quite high. For example, you can meet with an experienced motorcycle accident discectomy attorney in Los Angeles at absolutely no cost to you. During the free, confidential case review, you will get the opportunity to tell the lawyer what happened, how the accident occurred, the injuries you suffered, and your losses.
- A lawyer will conduct an investigation – If it makes sense to move forward with your motorcycle accident injury claim, your Los Angeles discectomy injury attorney will get to work on your behalf and investigate the accident scene, retrieve any accident reports filed by police, speak to witnesses, etc. process will be initiated where the attorney will gather as much information about your case as possible.
- A lawyer will handle the claim-building process – In addition to conducting an in-depth investigation, your Los Angeles motorcycle accident discectomy lawyer will also handle all of the claim-related tasks, such as compiling your medical records and wage statements, filing a demand letter with the insurance company, and filing a lawsuit in court (if necessary).
- A lawyer will negotiate on your behalf – Once your attorney sends the demand letter to the insurance company, the insurer will likely respond by offering a settlement. This first offer is typically lower than expected and will require additional negotiation. Hopefully, these negotiations will lead to an amicable settlement. If not, your lawyer can file a lawsuit on your behalf.
When you have a Los Angeles motorcycle accident law firm on your side to handle all of these tasks, deadlines, and responsibilities, it enables you to focus exclusively on your recovery.
Additionally, when you have an experienced motorcycle accident injury lawyer on your side, you will be better prepared to effectively navigate the complexities of the injury claims process and ensure you will not miss any important deadlines or key facts about the incident. In summation, hiring a motorcycle accident discectomy lawyer in Los Angeles offers peace of mind.
Contact Motorcycle Accident Discectomy Lawyers For Free Consultation
If you or a loved one suffered a herniated disc, back muscle sprain injury, or another disc injury that required a discectomy, now is the time for action.
You owe it to yourself to have the best legal representation possible and to pursue financial restitution for your harms and losses. Best of all, retaining the services of a motorcycle accident law firm is a low risk, high reward proposition.
Most reputable motorcycle accident discectomy lawyers offer free, confidential case reviews and operate under contingency fee agreements, which means you pay nothing upfront and only pay your lawyer when a resolution is reached in your case.
This is what you should contact motorcycle injury lawyers today to schedule your free, confidential case review.